Monday, October 1, 2007

Banana Blueberry Muffins

Agian this is a late entry for Ahaar
But Better Late than Never!!

My Children love muffins, and I prefer homemade from scratch ( no mixes) than store bought..
so here is a recipe which i took from here and changed it a bit.....It came out quite well

Banana BlueBerry Muffins

Blueberries ( I used Frozen) 1 Cup
Bananas 2
All purpose flour 2 and 1/4 cups
Butter 3 tbsp
Canola Oil 3 Tbsp
Cinnamon powder 1/2 tsp
Brown Sugar 2/3 cup packed
White Sugar 1/4 cup packed
Salt 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder 2 tsp.
Eggs 2

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Mix in everything and spoon it in your molds or wax paper muffin cups about 2/3rds full and bake for about 14 mins.

What I changed:
I used egg replacer instead of eggs. ( I bought this in Whole Foods, costs about 7 dollars for a pound, it is actually a soy product)
I used part Canola oil part butter instead of using 6 tsbsp butter ....
And I mixed in the topping sugar in the mix (made a mistake) but went ahead and baked it, and it came out fine and it bakes in 14 to 15 mins.
I used the wax muffin paper cups so it will be easy to clean up....


ENJOY!!!!

7 comments:

Seena said...

Yummy muffins,Vandhana..good..

Vandana said...

Thank you
Seena!

mb said...

I love making them from scratch too and it always tastes good too! Thank you for your entry :) -- Mandira

TBC said...

Cute muffins!

Cynthia said...

Vandana, I am thrilled that you wrote to me. Thanks very much for the info. I look forward to visiting your blog.

Sukanya said...

Hi Vandana. Is there anyway I can make these without eggs?

Vandana said...

Hi Sukanya, You can try these with the egg replacer. It will come out great.
Vandana