Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pesto - (my sister's recipe)

I made pesto for the first time yesterday. I also made Chutney for Bombay chutney sandwich for the first time. My daughter, my husband and me like the chutney but my son hates it, so When we all have the chutney, he can have pesto!

This is my sister's recipe,

You need
Pine Nuts - 1/2 cup
Olive Oil - 4 Tablespoons
Basil leaves - Approx. 2 cups, Washed and drained (chop it if your mixer will not grind)
Sundried Tomatoes - 6 or 7 (I only had that much)
Garlic - 4 or 5 cloves
Salt - less than 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper - 1 Teaspoon

Method
Just put everything in your food processor and grind to a smooth paste.

You can use this as
-->A spread for a sandwich, The one on the left is a whole wheat flax seed bread and the one on the right is a sourdough bread. The sandwiches were just great!
---> A spread of this on a slice of bread and melt some cheese on it, for, instant pizza!!
-->A sauce for pasta.
-->A sauce for Pizza.

No comments: