Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Sprout Maker

This is my sproutmaker.


I got this from Tupperware India. My Aunt's Friend sells these. I don't remember how much I paid, but this is a very useful thing.


It also doubles as a microwave rice cooker, but I have never used it for that.

It has three parts

The cover (blue)

The basket which fits inside the container (green)

The Container (blue)







If you have a colander and a vessel in which the colander can fit, you can use that instead and voer it with a cutting board.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How to use it? And how long does it take to make sprouts?

Vandana said...

First you soak the beans in water overnight , that is 6 to 8 hours. Drain and then you fill the bottom container with water, and then put the drained beans when still wet in the top colander and close it and keep changing the water every day. Mung beans sprout fastest in two to three days. Others take 4 days atleast. But if you forget to change the water, fungus will come.

Anonymous said...

I feel u have been very innovative .But do u cover the pulses with a muslin cloth.The reason for placing and changing water in the bottom container,I still didn't understand.Can u please explain.

Vandana said...

The water placed in container becomes stale after a day and causes fungus to grow on the beans. I dont cover them in any cloth.