Monday, June 2, 2008

Bell Pepper Jeera Rice (Bell Pepper Cumin Rice)

I did not want to miss the Bell Pepper JFI event hosted by Pooja of My Creative Ideas.
I have made Bell Pepper Jeera Rice.
You Need
Bell Pepper - 4 (Cut in Strips)
Oil - 4 Teaspoons
Ghee or Butter- 2 Teaspoons
Rice- 1 and 1/2 cups
Salt - To tase
(For Dry Roasting, 2 Teaspoons Jeera and 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper)
Method
----> Dry Roast the Jeera and Pepper and make a fine powder.
---->Cook the Rice with less water and let cool.
----> In a Kadai, add the oil, and then add the Bell Pepper Strips, and Saute
---->Once they start to curl, lower the heat and add the powder and the rice, and salt
---->Add the Ghee and mix Well
---->Serve Hot!


7 comments:

Divya Kudua said...

Lovely bell peppers..looks just out of the logo..rice is looking delicious..great entry!!

Sangeeth said...

lovely entry for the event....

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Nice recipe ...

Vandana said...

Thanks Divya, Sangeeth and Vanamala.I was hoping I could make this dish on time for the event!

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

I am making this for dinner today!!!! thanx for sharing your version...

Pooja said...

Thank for you entry Vandana.
dead line was 31st of may . I will include this in roundup though, I hope you will be on time from next time onwards :).
hugs to you.

Vandana said...

thanks Ramya and Pooja!
Pooja- Special thanks and hugs for including me in the round up!!