Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Potato Rudraksha Kari (Cubed Side Dish)



This is a very interesting Potato Curry Recipe. It doesnt have anything out of the ordinary but yet so rewarding. When the potatoes are cubed, for some reason, someone thought it looks like the meditation bead, the rudraksham and named it after that!
When I saw the challenge post by Iyengars Kitchen, I thought most of the Tamilian brahmin recipes fall under it, there are so many and this I had in my computer already so I thought I will send it right away!
You need
4 Large Potatoes - Cut in small squares (no need to peel the potatoes)
Oil - 2 to 3 Teaspoons
Mustard - 1/2 Teaspoons
Curry Leaves - 1 Strand
Coriander Leaves- 1 handful
Red Chili Powder - 1 Teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/ 2 Teaspoon
Method
---> In a Kadai, on medium fire, add the oil and the mustard seeds and let it sputter, once they start sputtering, add the curry leaves, turmeric powder, and red chili powder and then add the cubed potatoes.
--->Keep stirring the potatoes on and off until it softens and then add the corainder leaves.
---> If you like, you can really roast them, just be keeping it for a longer time on the stove.
Tastes so good with some hot rasam rice!! YUM!!

3 comments:

Sangeeth said...

potato and rasam is my fav combo!yum!

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

oh, I have an Iyengar friend here and she was telling me about this dish a week ago.. tried it yesterday, and like you said it was yummmmm!!!!!! Love this dish

Unknown said...

Dear Vandana,

Thank u so much for participating! I love this recipe too...Only that my mom calls it pudi palya....and this is such a treat when u travel.


Regards,
Veda