Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Lonely Brinjal----> Brinjal Raita!!















Hmmm, What do you do with one brinjal?
well, this is a japanese brinjal hence the size is a medium.
I roasted it on an open fire this time, (did not want to start the oven for ONE brinjal!)















It is roasted on all sides now. I have peeled the skin on one side, so as to spoon out the insides.















I have started spooning out. You have to be careful so as not to take any of the burnt skin away. Do this when you have a lot of concentration!
















It is all spooned out in a nice looking bowl!
















The next step is add a little salt, and about 3 to 4 tablespoons of curd.
Take some oil and add some mustard seeds, green chillies, red chillies and curry leaves and let it all sputter and pour it over the mixture,
you have your very own, Brinjal raita ready to eat!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Fire roasted brinjals, I think, have the best flavour.

Vandana said...

Thanks Cynthia!!
I agree, the smell of the brinjal fills up the whole house.. delicious!

Anonymous said...

I have electric stove. So I can not roast them (brinal). But I use portable electric grill (George Foreman grill) in the kitchen. It works very well.

Ramya