Friday, September 26, 2008

Aloo + Methi + Pudina Paratha


In the last two times I made Alu Paratha, I have always added Methi to it. I think the next time I make it will be just plain Alu Paratha, so anyway, lets come to the recipe...
You will need
5 Medium sized Potatoes - Pressure cooked, and mashed very well
1 Bunch Methi- Washed 3 times and then Chopped finely (just the leaves, not the stalk)
1 Bunch Mint Leaves (just two handfuls of Pudina leaves) again washed 3 times and chopped fine
1 handful of Coriander leaves - Washed and Chopped
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Paratha Masala (See Note **)
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 and 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Note ** I bought this on a sudden whim, actually this is just a mixture of Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder and garam Masala and they have added a little bit Onion Powder. I usually don't buy this masala at all, but since I bought his, I have to use it :(
Make Roti Dough
Method
--->add the Masalas to the Mashed Potatoes and taste for salt.
--->Add the Chopped Herbs to this potato mixture
---> Mix well and taste for salt again
---> Roll a thick roti. Make a small ball of the Potato mixture nad place on it
--->Cover the potato mixture and fold down all sides well
--->Roll carefully and slowly, so as to not let the mixture out
--->Put on a Tawa, and please look to my Paneer Paratha instructions as to how to cook this.
Eat hot with some pickle on the side... Enjoy!






3 comments:

Sangeeth said...

paratha is always a hit! luv it with aloo and methi

Vanamala Hebbar said...

nice step by step pics...yummy paratha

Bhawana said...

Paratha is my weakness. I did try alo n methi. was very good. this is looking yummy n mouthwatering :). perfect.