Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mooli Paratha - Radish Paratha

I have been meaning to blog about this for a long time now. It is quite simple to make it but requires some planning atleast 2 to 3 hours before you want to eat it, which is quite difficult in my kitchen, since I like to eat everything as soon as I start to cook :)

I followed the same exact recipe as this.
I used the daikon radish for this.
You will need

For the filling

1 Daikon radish or 2 to 3 indian radishes - grated
3 cloves of garlic - chopped finely
1 inch piece of ginger - peeled and chopped
3 small green chillies - finely cut
1 small handful coriander.
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
salt as needed

For the dough
2 to 3 cups of whole wheat flour
salt as needed

Grate the radish and add the garlic/ginger/coriander/salt and all masalas to it and mix it well and let it sit for an hour or so
It will let a lot of water.
Squeeze all the water and let the radish be dry.
Use that water to make the dough and proceed to make parathas like this.

I served this with some boondi raita!! Awesome.......

No comments: