Sunday, May 25, 2008

Arusuvai Friendship Chain!! Now I am part of it........


I was very happy when I received this from Kamala of Mom's recipes. It was nice package with a neatly written letter, a spice called Javantri and two hershey milk chocolates. The Two Chocolates were promptly devoured by my children so that is why they are missing in the picture.


I am part of this chain now!! Now I must find two bloggers to send out a surprise ingredient! How exciting!!


Even though I received it almost 3 weeks ago, I was busy with so many other things, so that is why the delay in posting this.


I am planning to make Pindi Chole with this. Thanks Kamala for including me in the friendship chain. I really enjoyed receiving this :))

Javentri is the flower which is like a cover for the nutmeg. you can read more about it here. It is used in the preparation of Garam Masala. I have not used it before in its raw form. It added a distict favor to my Pindi Chole.
Usually 1 flower is enough for any preparation for a family of 4. It lasts forever in your cabinet.

6 comments:

notyet100 said...

congrats for being part of arusuvai friendship chain..

bha said...

congrats for your packet, I am not acquainted with Javantri, could you please post about it as well

Vandana said...

Thanks notyet100, bhags. I have added a few morelines about javentri now on the post.

kamala said...

Thats lovely Vandhana.Great information abt Javetri

Sangeeth said...

congrats for being a part of the frndship chain...do post more abt it...i am new to it :)

Vandana said...

Thanks Kamala and Sangeeth! I will post some more info about the Friendship chain on this post.